Painting a picture with words.

    


Sitting on a bench in Hilo Hawaii, 

The small patches of green moss on the bench I sit catch my eye.  The greenness of the moss seems so dramatic against the dark weathered wood, dampened by the undecided rains of the day.  But even more dramatic is the bright green grass that seems to have intensified by the moister it has received.  


The hedge lining the grass slightly blocks the traffic of Manono street.  A slight ocean breeze blows the flag above causing it to clank against the pole.  I look up towards the noise, as I look thru the branches of the tree I notice the gray sky is starting to release bits of rain once again.  

Slight mumbling voices are heard behind me, unidentifiable thru the sound of the passing cars accelerating and decelerating as they make the sharp corner just up the street.  Then joyful laughter bursts out from the mumblings behind, heard even over the sounds of the traffic.  The birds dash in and out of the tree beside going about their business cheerfully, not seeming to notice the laughter or traffic. 
 
The rain falls even harder now and everything seems to fade but the way the rain penetrates my skin, hair and the paper I write upon.  The pen I write with is soon not able to write upon the dampened paper.  

Written By: Dawnitelle
Dedicated To: Grandma Kathy
Photo From: Shutterstock


Comments

Popular Posts